Saturday, June 4, 2016

Departure Day

Well, I finally made it out of the drive way.  Departed about 0715 today.  I rode up the Suncoast Expressway to Ponce de Leon and then North US19 through Crystal River and Chiefland.  At Chiefland, I picked up US129 through North Florida and George.  I stopped this evening in Commerce, GA.  Beautiful ride - no Interstates except I275 to get out of St. Petersburg & Tampa.  I've never ridden a bike this small that far. And, ok, I’m overloaded.  With my fat butt and all the tools and parts, damn thing looks like a pack mule or dromedary. Handling is a little sketchy and brakes...damn, slow down and don't get too close - overloaded like this, the damn thing will give you some exciting moments stopping if someone in front of you does something stupid. As soon as I can find a Pack-n-Send that’s open, I'm getting rid of a bunch of stuff. That’s all for now…tomorrow I ride the last couple hours to Andrews, NC and head out on the TAT!!! Ok, time to get a shower, clean my riding gear and get some shut-eye, tomorrow is the 1st day on the TAT!!! I'm stoked!!!


4 comments:

  1. Cool! Found your blog (almost) at the beginning. Looks like you'll miss TS Colin. Best of luck! I'll be following along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did TAT from Andrews to Little Rock Arkansas in March. If you are using Sam's maps my blog noted several closed roads. I will say you are overloaded and it will make some stretches harder but slow and steady will work even when heavy.

    Good Luck

    My blog is www.rvrrunner-019.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Frank....Pam brought me up to date on your adventure and gave me this link to your blog. Looking forward to your post.
    Good Luck & Godspeed!

    ReplyDelete