Thursday, June 9, 2016

Never a dull moment when an old guy is riding an old bike on old trails across America...begs the question, how far will I make it?

Never a dull moment.

This morning I get up, pack my gear, and while warming up the engine before checking the oil I'm servicing the chain. Oh wait, what's that wet spot under the left crankcase cover? It's not oil. What could it be? Oh it's a pretty turquoise color. Oh crap, I have a water leak. Hmmm that ain't right.

A couple phone calls and texted photos to EuroCycles and it's determined to be a failing water pump.

So I call the nearest BMW Dealer, Pandoras European Motorsports in Chattanooga. They are gracious and tell me to get the bike in and the will VOR parts from Germany. People are real friendly and a nice place to hangout.

Stay tuned - not sure where I'm going from here, or when.

So, my lovely wife makes reservations for me at the Courtyard Marriott in downtown Chattanooga...now is that true love or what.

Pandora's loans me a 2010 R1200GS Adv like the one I have, but this is a red, white & blue 30th anniversary edition to get to the Marriott. Pandora's is going out of the way to get me back out on the TAT.

Thank you Pandora's - top notch service, just like EuroCycles...oh, and they know Arron...small world...

1 comment: